Friday, March 11, 2011

Read Between the Lines!

  • I'm so ready for Doug to be home.
  • Last night at 11:30, I was chasing sleds down the street due to the ridiculously strong winds we had.  They blew out from under the deck where they are stored.
  • I'm sure my neighbors appreciated the woman in her pajama pants and son's snow boots running frantically trying to catch sleds.  I know it was an exceptionally graceful show!
  • My 11 year old sons boots are too big for me.
  • I can't wait for Doug to come home.
  • I bribed my kids today with a movie and sleeping in Mom's bed in order to get extra chores done today without complaints.
  • I'm not ashamed ... you know you bribe your kids too.  Don't judge!
  • Adyson announced that her favorite chore is dusting. 
  • I would never want to be accused of not allowing my child to do their favorite chore.  Adyson is now crowned "Queen of the Dust"!  :)
  • I can't wait for Doug to come home.
  • Adyson:  "Mom, my manners are stuck in my head so good."  Me (out loud):  "Good for you.  I noticed that."  Me (thinking to myself):  "It's about time.  It only took 7 1/2 years."
  • Today Benjamin went from loving me and saying I was the best mom in the world, to telling me I was mean and not fair, to loving me all in a time frame of about 15 minutes.
  • Joy ... teen years are just around the corner.  Uggghhh ...
  • I'm not sure of my current parenting status with Benjamin.  Am I still cool and the best or have I fallen out of good graces again??  I'm so confused.
  • I can't wait for Doug to come home.
  • Benjamin got a new game at AWANA on Wednesday.  Apparently, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to play it.  Has anyone ever played Othello?  I don't understand the strategy.
  • I made my favorite smoked chicken alfredo pizza today with a homemade honey wheat crust.  YUMMMMY!  It's Friday night food.
  • I'm so ready for Doug to be home. 
  • Benjamin just informed me it is no longer a cool treat to sleep in Mom's bed.  He's moving to his own bed after the movie.  (sigh ... there's that growing up thing again ...)   
  • Adyson, on the other hand, is pumped to get to sleep with Mom! 
  • Something tells me I should have borrowed someones football pads to sleep with Adyson.  She's dangerous!  :)
  • Have I mentioned that I'm so ready for Doug to be home?

6 comments:

  1. Laura Carey-JedlickMarch 11, 2011 at 9:47 PM

    You are awesome, and you are correct, I do bribe my child now and again! LOL

    No doubt, Doug is just as ready to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine having my husband gone as much as yours has been over the past several months...but on the plus side next time you go with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I can so identify!! I wanted to leave a bowl of cheerios on the floor for the girls then lock myself in a room when I got the stomach bug while Phillip was gone.
    Thanks for the encouragement that it gets easier when the kids get older...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dana! It's Jennifer from Pampa! We have a blog too!! Love yours...are you ready for Doug to be home?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had an Othello game when the kids were little but I don't remember any thing about it. Are you ready for Doug to come home!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Othello! Spencer and I played it when we were little. I am trying to remember how that tricky little game is played... hmmmm.

    Love the blog. I can so TOTALLY here you laughing while doing every one of those things... from chasing sleds, to wrangling kiddos during a church remodeling, to crowning little Ady "queen of the dust." It makes me smile to think of you as a mom.

    ReplyDelete